Casa Ojai Inn is Eco-Friendly
We're dedicated to healthy, sustainable hospitality with a smile. Like many of our guest, we want to stay in environmentally sustainable hotels whenever we travel. Therefore, management at Casa Ojai Inn is making every effort to create an eco-friendly experience without sacrificing our proven comforts and service.
Our eco-friendly hotel practices begin each day from our front desk operations to our water and energy efficiency programs and much more. We will always make the green commitment to Mother Earth whenever and wherever possible. We're proud to set the standard for green hotels and for being the first hotel in Ojai among other green certifications.
- Here are some of the green highlights that you may or may not see when you stay with us:
- Linen and towel re-use reduces laundry detergent and water use by 25%.
- Water fixtures throughout the hotel have been replaced or outfitted with water saving devices.
- Casa Ojai Inn uses new state of the art energy efficient HVAC that are controlled by inferred thermostats in every room.
- Our recycling program helps recycle 50% of our waste.
- Guest recycling receptacles are in all guestrooms.
- For morning coffee service, individual milk portions have been replaced with milk purchased by the gallon, to reduce waste from packaging.
- Office paper is printed on both sides, and then recycled. We use recycled toner. Casa Ojai Inn has reduced the amount of paper waste by using virtual-based reports to reduce paper waste.
- All cleaning agents and chemicals used to clean guestrooms have been replaced by non-toxic, environmentally safe products, assisting us in eliminating bleach and ammonia based products.
- All usable hotel items are donated to local non-profit organizations to benefit them and reduce landfill. These organizations are Help of Ojai and Teen Challenge in the Ojai Valley.
- Our in-house commercial washer uses environmentally safe detergents.
- 95% of our hotel lighting is LED and energy star rated.
- We offer an additional 5% off your entire stay for electrical and hybrid certified vehicles.
http://greentravelerguides.com/green-and-pink-magic/" target="_blank">Ojai, Calif.: that old green (and pink) magic has us in its spell
http://www.ojaiinn.com/amenities/green.htm" target="_self">Casa Ojai Inn was just Awarded the Prestigious Green Eco-Leaf Rating