ADA Website Compliance
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Ojai, CA. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as achecker.ca and Google Chrome’s ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.ojaiinn.com/ regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology.
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This inn’s website for Casa Ojai Inn is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our inn’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Our Hotel Offers The Following Accessibility Features
Two ADA Compliant Rooms:
- Double Queen sized beds with roll-in shower
- Queen Sized bed with tub
These rooms have enhanced accessibility features which include:
- All amenities are with ADA Compliant reach for guests
- Door Widths are wide and can accommodate standard wheelchairs
- Rooms are located on the ground floor
- Lever handle hardware and controls
- Roll-in shower is complete with mounted shower chair and handheld shower wand (in double Queen room)
- Tub with portable shower bench and handheld shower wand (in single Queen room)
- Grab bars alongside toilet and roll-in shower and tub areas
- Audible and Visual Smoke & Fire Alarm
- TV with closed captions setting
- Alerting device that signals an incoming telephone call or doorbell and doubles as an alarm clock. Alerts hotel guests 5 different ways: Built-in LED lights, loud audible alarm, strong bed-shaker, flashing words across the large display and picture icons that light up when activated. The device also includes a USB port to charge smart devices.
- Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) is available upon request.
- Room placard featuring braille
Additional accessibility features at our hotel include:
- Lobby has a wide door access and a lowered registration desk to accommodate wheel chairs.
- Hotel’s public restroom in lobby is ADA compliant with grab bars and widen doors.
- Pool area features an ADA pool lift
- Parking features two designated Disabled Parking Spaces